Archived mock drafts from the 2014 NFL Draft. Data in this section contains mock drafts, draft grades, and other predictions.
Version 1: (From both Josh and Tom) (Completed on February 1, 2014)
Tom’s First 2014 NFL Mock Draft
|1.Texans||Jadeveon Clowney||OLB||South Carolina|
(Traded to Browns)
(Traded to Rams)
|5.Raiders||Jake Matthews||OT||Texas A&M|
(Trade to Titans)
|8.Vikings||Derek Carr||QB||Fresno State|
|10.Lions||Darqueze Dennard||CB||Michigan State|
(Traded to Falcons)
|14.Bears||Louis Nix III||DT||Notre Dame|
|15.Steelers||Zach Martin||OL||Notre Dame|
|16.Ravens*||Mike Evans||WR||Texas A&M|
(Traded to Chiefs)
|18. Jets||Eric Ebron||TE||North Carolina|
|19. Dolphins||Cyrus Kouandjio||OT||Alabama|
|20. Cardinals||Kyle Van Noy||OLB||BYU|
|21. Packers||Jace Amaro||TE||Texas Tech|
|22. Eagles||Justin Gilbert||CB||Oklahoma State|
|23. Chiefs||Kony Elay
(Traded to Cowboys)
|24. Bengals||HaHa Clinton-Dix||S||Alabama|
|25. Charges||David Yankey||OG||Stanford|
|26. Browns||Tre Mason
(subject to trade)
|27. Saints||Bradley Roby||CB||Ohio State|
|28. Panthers||Kelvin Benjamin||WR||Florida State|
|29. Patriots||Timmy Jernigan||DT||Florida State|
|30. 49ers||Dee Ford||DE||Auburn|
|31. Seahawks||CJ Fiedorowicz||TE||Iowa|
|32. Broncos||AJ McCarron||QB||Alabama|
*not yet determined
- Prediction: AJ McCarron’s combine will be unimpressive, but will lead him to a backup role in his first few years and become one of the most prolific passers of the 21st century
Josh’s First 2014 NFL Mock Draft
Josh’s Mock Draft 1.0 (February Edition)
1. Houston Texans – QB, Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. St. Louis Rams (PICK TRADED WITH FALCONS FOR 1 and 2) – DE, Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – QB, Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
4. Cleveland Browns -QB, Blake Bortles, UCF
5. Oakland Raiders – WR, Sammy Watkins, Clemson
6. Atlanta Falcons (PICK TRADED TO RAMS FOR 1) – LT, Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 3-4 OLB, Anthony Barr, UCLA
8. Minnesota Vikings – QB, Derek Carr, Fresno State
9. Buffalo Bills – 3-4 OLB, Khalil Mack, Buffalo
10. Detroit Lions – CB, Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans – FS, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
12. New York Giants – ILB, C.J. Mosely, Alabama
13. St. Louis Rams – WR, Mike Evans, Texas A&M
14. Chicago Bears – NT, Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – LT, Greg Robinson, Auburn
16. Baltimore Ravens* (PICK TRADED TO CHARGERS FOR 1 AND 3) – CB, Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
17. Dallas Cowboys* (PICK TRADED TO CHIEFS FOR 1 and 3) – WR, Marqise Lee, USC
18. New York Jets – WR, Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
19. Miami Dolphins – LT, Taylor Lewan, Michigan
20. Arizona Cardinals – OT, Zach Martin, Notre Dame
21. Green Bay Packers – TE, Eric Ebron, North Carolina
22. Philadelphia Eagles – 4-3 OLB, Kyle Van Noy, BYU
23. Kansas City Chiefs (PICK TRADED TO COWBOYS FOR 1) – DL, Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
24. Cincinnati Bengals – 4-3 OLB, Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
25. San Diego Chargers (PICK TRADED TO RAVENS FOR 1) – LT, Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
26. Cleveland Browns – OG, David Yankey, Stanford
27. New Orleans Saints – CB, Bradley Roby, Ohio State
28. Carolina Panthers – WR, Odell Beckham Jr., LSU
29. New England Patriots – DL, Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
30. San Francisco 49ers – DE, Kony Ealy, Missouri
31. Denver Broncos – DE, Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
32. Seattle Seahawks – TE, Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
Josh’s 10 Thoughts/ Predictions of the 2014 NFL Draft (Version 1.0)
1. 4 quarterbacks will be picked in the top 10.
2. The only chance a RB goes round one will be the Browns at 26. If this were the case, they would pick Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde.
3. A team will trade up for DE Jadeveon Clowney if the Texans pass on him.
4. The Rams will trade out of #2 because a team will be looking for a QB or Clowney.
5. LT Greg Robinson could easily be a top 10 or even a top 5 pick after the combine.
6. Mike Evans will prove he’s the best WR in this draft at the end of his rookie season.
7. QB Derek Carr will turn out a bust (just like his brother).
8. DE Kony Ealy and DE Dee Ford could both be top 15 picks after the combine.
9. The Patriots will try to trade out of round one, but if they cannot, they would pick Eric Ebron (if he possibly fell), Jace Amaro, or Timmy Jernigan.
10. Johnny Manziel will show he’s the best overall player in the draft. He will be one of the most exciting players in the NFL, and will take the Texans (if he’s picked by them) to the playoffs his rookie season.
Version 2 (Post NFL Combine): (From both Josh and Tom) (Completed on March 5, 2014)
Tom’s Second 2014 NFL Mock Draft
|1. Texans||Clowney||17. Ravens||Martin|
|3. Jags||Bridgewater||19. Dolphins||Jernigan|
|5. Raiders||Matthews||21. Packers||Clinton-Dix|
|6. Falcons||Khalil Mack||22. Eagles||Dee Ford|
|7. Bucs||Gilbert||23. Chiefs||Roby|
|8. Vikings||Bortles||24. Bengals||Kony|
|9. Bills||Matthews||25. Chargers||Yankey|
|10. Lions||Mike Evans||26. Browns||(Rams)
|11. Titans||Dennard||27. Saints||Van Noy|
|12. Giants||CJ Mosley||28. Panthers||Lee|
|13. Rams||Robinson||29. Patriots||Robinson|
|14. Bears||Aaron Donald||30. 49ers||Best defensive passrusher available|
|15. Steelers||Calvin Pryor||31. Broncos||Nix|
|16. Cowboys||RaShede Hageman||32. Seahawks||Kouandijo|
Josh’s Second 2014 NFL Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. St. Louis Rams (PICK TRADED WITH BROWNS FOR 1st AND 3rd ROUND PICKS) – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
4. Cleveland Browns (PICK TRADED TO RAMS FOR 1st ROUND PICK (2nd Overall)) – Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn
5. Oakland Raiders (PICK TRADED TO VIKINGS FOR 1st AND 3rd ROUND PICKS) – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
6. Atlanta Falcons – Khalil Mack, 3-4 OLB, Buffalo
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
8. Minnesota Vikings (PICK TRADED TO RAIDERS FOR 1st ROUND PICK) – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
9. Buffalo Bills – C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans – Ha Ha Clinton Dix, FS, Alabama
12. New York Giants (PICK TRADED TO CARDINALS TO 1st AND 3rd ROUND PICKS) – Anthony Barr, 3-4 OLB, UCLA
13. St. Louis Rams – WR, Mike Evans, Texas A&M
14. Chicago Bears – DL, Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – Taylor Lewan, LT, Michigan
16. Dallas Cowboys – Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
17. Baltimore Ravens – Zach Martin, LT, Notre Dame
18. New York Jets (PICK TRADED TO PACKERS FOR 1st AND 4th ROUND PICKS) – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
19. Miami Dolphins – Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
20. Arizona Cardinals (PICK TRADED TO GIANTS FOR FIRST ROUND PICK) – CB, Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
21. Green Bay Packers (PICK TRADED TO JETS FOR 1st ROUND PICK) – WR, Marqise Lee, USC
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
25. San Diego Chargers – Kyle Fuller, CB, VIrginia Tech
26. Cleveland Browns – Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
27. New Orleans Saints – Kyle Van Noy, 4-3 OLB, BYU
28. Carolina Panthers – Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
29. New England Patriots – Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
30. San Francisco 49ers – Timmy Jernigan, DL, Florida State
31. Denver Broncos – Louis Nix III, NT, Notre Dame
32. Seattle Seahawks – Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
Version 3: (From both Josh and Tom) (Completed on April 2, 2014)
Tom’s Third 2014 NFL Mock Draft
|1. Texans||Jadeveon Clowney||17. Ravens||Zach Martin|
|2. Rams||Greg Robinson||18. Jets||Odell Beckham|
|3. Jags||Teddy Bridgewater||19. Dolphins||Timmy Jernigan|
|4. Browns||Sammy Watkins||20. Cards||Kony Ealy|
|5. Raiders||Mike Evans||21. Packers||Louis Nix|
|6. Falcons||Khalil Mack||22. Eagles||Dee Ford|
|7. Bucs||Jake Matthews||23. Chiefs||Brandon Cooks|
|8.Vikings||Blake Bortles||24. Bengals||Kelvin Benjamin|
|9. Bills||Eric Ebron||25. Chargers||Kyle Fuller|
|10. Lions||Calvin Pryor||26. Browns||Derek Carr|
|11. Titans||Justin Gilbert||27. Saints||David Yankee|
|12. Giants||Aaron Donald||28. Panthers||Allen Robinson|
|13. Rams||HaHa Clinton-Dix||29. Patriots||RaShede Hageman|
|14. Bears||Darqueze Denard||30. 49ers||Kyle Van Noy|
|15. Steelers||Taylor Lewan||31. Broncos||Bradley Roby|
|16. Cowboys||Anthony Barr||32. Seahawks||Jace Amaro|
Josh’s Third 2014 NFL Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans – Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
2. Atlanta Falcons (Trade from Rams) – Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Khalil Mack, 3-4 OLB, Buffalo
4. Detroit Lions (Trade from Browns) – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
5. Oakland Raiders – Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn
6. St. Louis Rams (Trade from Falcons) – Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
8. Minnesota Vikings – Anthony Barr, 3-4 OLB, UCLA
9. Buffalo Bills – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
10. Cleveland Browns (Trade from Lions) – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
11. Baltimore Ravens (Trade from Titans) – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
12. New York Giants – Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh
13. St. Louis Rams – Ha Ha Clinton Dix, FS, Alabama
14. Chicago Bears – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
15. San Francisco 49ers (Trade from Steelers) – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
16. Dallas Cowboys – Timmy Jernigan, DL, Florida State
17. Tennessee Titans (Trade from Ravens) – Kyle Fuller, CB, VIrginia Tech
18. New York Jets – Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
19. Miami Dolphins – Taylor Lewan, LT, Michigan
20. Arizona Cardinals – Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
21. Green Bay Packers – Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Marqise Lee, WR, USC
24. Denver Broncos (Trade with Bengals) – C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
25. San Diego Chargers – NT, Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
26. Cleveland Browns – Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
27. New Orleans Saints – Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
28. Carolina Panthers – Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame
29. Minnesota Vikings (Trade with Patriots) – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
30. Pittsburgh Steelers (Trade with 49ers) – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
31. Cincinnati Bengals (Trade with Broncos) – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
32. Seattle Seahawks – Xavier Su’a-Filo, OL, UCLA
Version 4: (From both Josh and Tom) (Completed on May 5, 2014)
Tom’s Fourth 2014 NFL Mock Draft
|1. Texans||Jadeveon Clowney||17. Ravens||Taylor Lewan|
|2. Rams||Greg Robinson||18. Jets||Marquise Lee|
|3. Jaguars||Johnny Manziel||19. Dolphins||Zach Martin|
|4. Browns||Sammy Watkins||20. Cardinals||Dee Ford|
|5. Raiders||Jake Matthews||21. Packers||Ryan Shaizer|
|6. Falcons||Khalil Mack||22. Eagles||Kyle Fuller|
|7. Buccaneers||Mike Evans||23. Chiefs||Cody Latimer|
|8. Vikings||Blake Bortles||24. Bengals||Kony Ealy|
|9. Bills||Eric Ebron||25. Chargers||Louis Nix|
|10. Lions||Darqueze Dennard||26. Browns||Teddy Bridgewater|
|11. Titans||Justin Gilbert||27. Saints||Austin Seferian Jenkins|
|12. Giants||Ha Clinton Dix||28. Panthers||Cyrus Kouandjio|
|13. Rams||Odell Beckham||29. Patriots||Ra’Shede Hageman|
|14. Bears||Aaron Donald||30. 49ers||Jason Verrett|
|15. Steelers||Brandin Cooks||31. Broncos||CJ Mosley|
|16. Cowboys||Anthony Barr||32. Seahawks||Xavier Su’aFilo|
Josh’s Fourth 2014 NFL Mock Draft
- Houston Texans
The Needs: QB, OLB, RT
The Pick: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
The Analysis: Jadeveon Clowney is the best player in the draft and deserves to be #1 overall. The draft will have some solid QB’s in the second round where the Texans can get their starter (McCarron?).
- St. Louis Rams
The Needs: QB, DL, OL
The Pick: Greg Robinson, OL, Auburn
The Analysis: The Browns are in desperate need of a quarterback, but Robinson is an elite tackle and will make an immediate effect in the Rams offense. The Browns also have the 26th pick where Carr or Bridgewater could still be available.
- Jacksonville Jaguars
The Needs: QB, OL, DL
The Pick: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
The Analysis: In my opinion, Mack is the best player in all of the draft. He has great size and speed listed at 6’3” and 251 pounds. He can rush the quarterback or drop into coverage. He can very well be compared to Von Miller. In five years, he will be getting over 20 sacks a season and giving opposing quarterbacks nightmares.
- Cleveland Browns
The Needs: QB, RB, OL
The Pick: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
The Analysis: Sammy Watkins is arguably the best player in the entire draft. The Browns would have two playmakers in their offense (the other being Josh Gordon) that will drive defensive coordinators crazy. Watkins has blazing speed, runs good routes, and will make plays when the ball is in his hands.
- Oakland Raiders
The Needs: QB, WR, OL
The Pick: Mike Evans
The Analysis: Mike Evans is one of the most versatile receivers in the draft. At 6’5 and running a 4.55 40, he is an absolute threat for defenses. In my eyes (and hopefully the Raiders), he could be the next Calvin Johnson. New QB Matt Schaub can’t argue against this pick.
- Atlanta Falcons – Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
- Tennessee Titans (Trade from Vikings) – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
- Buffalo Bills – Taylor Lewan, LT, Michigan
- Detroit Lions – Ha Ha Clinton Dix, FS, Alabama
- Minnesota Vikings (Trade from Titans) – Anthony Barr, 3-4 OLB, UCLA
- New York Giants – Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame
- Dallas Cowboys (Trade from Rams) – Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh
- Chicago Bears – Timmy Jernigan, DL, Florida State
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
- St. Louis Rams (Trade from Cowboys) – Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
- San Francisco 49ers (Trade from Ravens) – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
- New York Jets – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
- San Diego Chargers (Trade from Dolphins) – Kyle Fuller, CB, VIrginia Tech
- Arizona Cardinals – Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
- Green Bay Packers – C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
- Kansas City Chiefs – Marqise Lee, WR, USC
- Cincinnati Bengals – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
- Miami Dolphins (Trade from Chargers) – 4-3 OLB, Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
- Cleveland Browns – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
- New Orleans Saints – Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
- Carolina Panthers – Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
- Houston Texans (Trade with Patriots) – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
- Baltimore Ravens (Trade with 49ers) – Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
- Denver Broncos – Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
- Seattle Seahawks – Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Josh’s First Round Draft Grades (Completed on May 8, 2014)
1. Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE: A. Clowney is the top player in the draft and Texans couldn’t pass up with Clowney-Watt on the outside.
2. Rams: Greg Robinson, OL: A+. Greg Robinson will be a top lineman in near years and Rams have solidified their OL. Now they need a legit QB.
3. Jaguars: Blake Bortles, QB: C+. Maybe too early? Bortles may be the top QB in the draft, but they could have gotten him later. Jags need more picks!
4. Bills (t): Sammy Watkins, WR: B-. Can’t argue Watkins’ talent, but the Bills traded TWO first round picks. Maybe it will be worth it.
5. Raiders: Khalil Mack: OLB: A+. In my opinion, Mack is the best of the best. He had no reason to be available at #5. Great move by the Raiders. Maybe their first round busts end here?
6. Falcons: Jake Matthews, OT: A. Falcons wanted Matthews and luckily he fell to #6. They also didn’t have to trade picks to get him.
7. Buccaneers: Mike Evans, WR: A. Mike Evans is legit #1 receiver. Mike Williams and Mike Evans will be tough to guard. Now, who’s throwing them the ball?
8. Browns (t): Justin Gilbert, CB: B+. Didn’t really understand this pick. Gilbert is great, but they had more needs. Gilbert and Haden will be scary though.
9. Vikings (t): Anthony Barr, OLB: B. Still questioning why Viking fans hate this pick. Barr dominated at college and isn’t even fully developed as a linebacker. He has A LOT of potential.
10. Lions: Eric Ebron, TE: B+. Ebron is the real deal tight end. CJ81 and Ebron will be tough for defenses. Lions should have drafted a DB because the Packers are still in their division.
11. Titans: Taylor Lewan, OL: B. The Titans have a very good O-line before this pick. Lewan is good, but the Titans need to replace Alterraun Verner. Should have gotten Dennard!
12. Giants: Odell Beckham, WR: B+. Hopefully, Beckham can stop Manning from throwing interceptions. The Giants needed a tackle and should have traded up for Lewan!
13. Rams: Aaron Donald, DL: A.
14. Bears: Kyle Fuller, CB: B-.
15. Steelers: Ryan Shazier, LB: B+.
16. Cowboys: Zach Martin, OL: B.
17. Ravens: C.J. Mosely, MLB: A-.
18. Jets: Calvin Pryor, S: B+.
19. Dolphins: Ja’Wuan James, OT: D+.
20. Saints (t): Brandin Cooks, WR: B+.
21. Packers: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S: A+.
22. Browns (t): Johnny Manziel, QB: A-.
23. Chiefs: Dee Ford, DE: B+.
24. Bengals: Darqueze Dennard, CB: A+.
25. Chargers: Jason Verrett, CB: B+.
26. Eagles (t): Marcus Smith, DE: C+.
27. Cardinals: Deone Bucannon, S: B-.
28. Panthers: Kelvin Benjamin, WR: C.
29. Patriots: Dominique Easley, DL: B.
30. 49ers: Jimmie Ward, S: B+.
31. Broncos: Bradley Roby, CB: A.
32. Vikings (t): Teddy Bridgewater, QB: A-.