The 2016 NFL regular season has come to a close. Now, we await for the NFL playoffs and the NFL Draft. The Browns finished with the worst record, giving them the first overall selection. Picks 21-32 are subject to change barring results in the playoffs. For now, I quickly placed the teams in based off expeditious selections. This mock will be updated about every month. Lastly, I hope my co-authors of this site post their own mocks.
|1.||Cleveland Browns||Myles Garrett||DE||Texas A&M|
|2.||San Francisco 49ers||Deshone Kizer||QB||Notre Dame|
|3.||Chicago Bears||Mitch Trubisky||QB||North Carolina|
|4.||Jacksonville Jaguars||Jonathan Allen||DT||Alabama|
|5.||Tennessee Titans (from LOS)||Marlon Humphrey||CB||Alabama|
|6.||New York Jets||Quincy Wilson||CB||Florida|
|7.||San Diego Chargers||Mike Williams||WR||Clemson|
|8.||Carolina Panthers||Leonard Fournette||RB||LSU|
|9.||Cincinnati Bengals||Reuben Foster||LB||Alabama|
|10.||Buffalo Bills||Ryan Ramczyk||OT||Wisconsin|
|11.||New Orleans Saints||Jamal Adams||S||LSU|
|12.||Cleveland Browns (from PHI)||Deshaun Watson||QB||Clemson|
|13.||Arizona Cardinals||Desmond King||CB||Iowa|
|14.||Philadelphia Eagles (from MIN)||Corey Davis||WR||Western Michigan|
|15||Indianapolis Colts||Cam Robinson||OT||Alabama|
|16.||Baltimore Ravens||Jabrill Peppers||S||Michigan|
|17.||Washington Redskins||Tim Williams||OLB||Alabama|
|18.||Tennessee Titans||Derek Barnett||DE||Tennessee|
|19.||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Malik McDowell||DT||Michigan State|
|20.||Denver Broncos||Dan Feeney||OG||Indiana|
|21.||Detroit Lions||Demarcus Walker||DE||Florida State|
|22.||Miami Dolphins||Taco Charlton||DE||Michigan|
|23.||Green Bay Packers||Dalvin Cook||RB||Florida State|
|24.||Oakland Raiders||Sidney Jones||CB||Washington|
|25.||Houston Texans||Zach Cunningham||LB||Vanderbilt|
|26.||New York Giants||Christian McCaffrey||RB||Stanford|
|27.||Atlanta Falcons||Marshon Lattimore||CB||Ohio State|
|28.||Kansas City Chiefs||Raekwon McMillan||LB||Ohio State|
|29.||Seattle Seahawks||Garett Bolles||OT||Utah|
|30.||Pittsburgh Steelers||OJ Howard||TE||Alabama|
|31.||Dallas Cowboys||John Ross||WR||Washington|
|32.||New England Patriots||Adoree’ Jackson||CB||USC|
Breakdown of the Top 5:
1. Cleveland – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M ; Garrett is the best player in the draft. The Browns may go QB, but RG3 and Cody Kessler proved enough for another shot. This pick makes the most sense as Garrett will contribute the day he arrives in Cleveland.
2. San Francisco – Deshone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame ; Kizer has NFL size and a very good arm. The 49ers have needs everywhere, but QB is no doubt the largest. The Niners are rebuilding, so starting with a QB is the best route to take.
3. Chicago – Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina ; The Bears, like the 49ers, have an obvious need at QB. Cutler is not the option, so drafting Trubisky is a good selection for the Bears at 3.
4. Jacksonville – Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama ; Jonathan Allen is a top 3 player in college football. Allen will fill an immediate need at defensive line for Jacksonville. He will also contribute to their young pass rushing defense.
5. Tennessee – Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama ; While there are many CBs that could go here, Humphrey is arguably the best of the bunch. He has played on an elite level all season long for the Tide. Cornerback is the biggest need for the Titans, so look for the best player of the defensive backs to go at number five.