This is my 4th edition of the 2017 NFL Mock Draft. Looking in to this draft, I think it is going to be a crazy night. Myles Garrett isn’t even a lock at number one. If that doesn’t convince you that it will be an unpredictable night, I don’t know what will. I will most my final mock, predictions for tonight, and other predictions from this draft class. Thanks to everyone who visited our page during the mock season and we look forward to the 2018 NFL Draft!
|1.||Cleveland Browns||Myles Garrett||DE||Texas A&M|
|2.||San Francisco 49ers||Jamal Adams||SS||LSU|
|3.||Chicago Bears||Solomon Thomas||DE||Stanford|
|4.||Jacksonville Jaguars||Leonard Fournette||RB||LSU|
|5.||*Cleveland Browns (from TEN, via LOR)||Mitchell Trubisky||QB||North Carolina|
|6.||New York Jets||Malik Hooker||FS||Ohio State|
|7.||Los Angeles Chargers||Marshon Lattimore||CB||Ohio State|
|8.||Carolina Panthers||Christian McCaffrey||RB||Stanford|
|9.||Cincinnati Bengals||Jonathan Allen||DE||Alabama|
|10.||Buffalo Bills||OJ Howard||TE||Alabama|
|11.||New Orleans Saints||Haason Reddick||LB||Temple|
|12.||*Tennessee Titans (from CLE, via PHI)||Mike Williams||WR||Clemson|
|13.||Arizona Cardinals||Patrick Mahomes||QB||Texas Tech|
|14.||Philadelphia Eagles (from MIN)||Derek Barnett||DE||Tennessee|
|15||Indianapolis Colts||Reuben Foster||ILB||Alabama|
|16.||Baltimore Ravens||Corey Davis||WR||Western Michigan|
|17.||Washington Redskins||Charles Harris||DE||Missouri|
|18.||Tennessee Titans||Marlon Humphrey||CB||Alabama|
|19.||*Houston Texans (from TB)||Deshaun Watson||QB||Clemson|
|20.||Denver Broncos||Ryan Ramczyk||OT||Wisconsin|
|21.||Detroit Lions||Taco Charlton||DE||Michigan|
|22.||Miami Dolphins||TJ Watt||DE||Wisconsin|
|23.||New York Giants||David Njoku||TE||Miami|
|24.||Oakland Raiders||Kevin King||CB||Washington|
|25.||Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from HOU)||Dalvin Cook||RB||Florida State|
|26.||Seattle Seahawks||Cam Robinson||OL||Alabama|
|27.||Kansas City Chiefs||Chidobe Awuzie||CB||Colorado|
|28.||Dallas Cowboys||Tre’Davious White||CB||LSU|
|29.||Green Bay Packers||Joe Mixon||RB||Oklahoma|
|30.||Pittsburgh Steelers||Jabrill Peppers||S||Michigan|
|31.||Atlanta Falcons||Forrest Lamp||OG||Western Kentucky|
|32.||New Orleans Saints (from NE)||John Ross||WR||Washington|
BREAKDOWN OF THE TOP 10
1. CLEVELAND – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
2. SAN FRANCISCO – Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
John Lynch brings in a All-Pro potential safety in with his first selection in the draft.
3. CHICAGO – Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
Chicago wants Adams, but will happily take Thomas, who can play anywhere on the defensive line.
4. JACKSONVILLE – Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Fournette has too much talent and will help Blake Bortles out the day he arrives.
5. CLEVELAND – Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
TRADE: Cleveland receives #5 pick, Tennessee receives #12, #33, and #108 picks. The Browns believe Trubisky in their future QB and move up to ensure they get him.
6. NEW YORK (J) – Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
The Jets pick a ball-hawking safety, filling one of their many needs in their defensive backfield.
7. LOS ANGELES (C) – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
The first of many cornerbacks in this class falls to the Chargers, Lattimore has the potential to be a Pro Bowl player.
8. CAROLINA – Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
McCaffrey will not fall past Carolina. This is a perfect fit, as Cam Newton gets a player that can affect the game at numerous aspects.
9. CINCINNATI – Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
Allen has injury concerns, but his dominance for Alabama is something that keeps him in the top 10.
10. BUFFALO – OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
Howard may be a top 5 TE after this season. Regardless who is behind center for the Bills, Howard will make an immediate impact.
NFL DRAFT DAY PREDICTIONS
1. 3 QBs, 4 RBS go in the first round.
2. The Browns trade into the top 5 and pick Trubisky.
3. Deshaun Watson will not be a top 15 pick.
4. The Titans trade out of 5.
5. Joe Mixon goes in the first round.
6. The Patriots do not trade into the first round.
7. Kirk Cousins/Jimmy G do not get traded.
8. Carolina drafts Fournette or McCaffrey.
PREDICTIONS FOR PLAYERS IN THIS DRAFT
1. Deshaun Watson throws has more wins, TDs, and yards than Trubisky, Kizer, or Mahomes.
2. Fournette and McCaffrey are both Pro Bowl players in 2017.
3. Sidney Jones gets drafted by the Patriots and becomes a solid player when he returns from injury.
4. Myles Garrett obtains 100+ sacks in his NFL career.
5. Mitchell Trubisky goes to the Browns and will be a bust.
6. John Ross returns his first punt/kick return for a touchdown.
7. Jamal Adams becomes the league’s best safety in 3 years.
8. Gareon Conley gets drafted by the Cowboys and becomes a week 1 starter.
9. Derek Barnett leads all players in this draft in sacks their rookie seasons.
10. Christian McCaffrey wins OROY and Derek Barnett wins DROY in 2017.
Let’s have a great draft tonight!